Welcome to Day 5 of Cooking 20 Minute Dinner for 21 Days. Today we are making Asian Honey Garlic Potatoes that will blow your mind. These potatoes have the perfect balance between sweet and savory. They are cooked till soft and fluffy on the inside and coated with a finger-licking good glaze. My Asian Honey Garlic Potatoes only takes FIVE ingredients to make, a simple one-pot recipe ready in less than 20 minutes!
These Asian Honey Garlic Potatoes are inspired by a famous Korean banchan – Gamja Jorim. It is one of my favorite side dishes to order whenever I eat at Korean BBQs, and I wanted to create an even simpler version to have at home. I make this recipe often, and it also meals prep well in the fridge if you make extra. Since it is vegetarian friendly, it is a great dish to serve at dinner parties, and it is always a massive hit with the guests!
The sauce is the Secret Ingredient for my Asian Honey Garlic Potatoes. It has a perfect balance between sweet and savory, making it the perfect glaze for the mini potatoes. Make sure to keep stirring while cooking to prevent it from burning or sticking to the bottom. If this is your first time in the kitchen, this recipe is perfect for you! Give it a try, and I promise you will be so impressed.
1.5 cup or 2lb of Baby Potatoes (cut into halves)
4 cloves of Garlic (minced)
1 cup of Water
6 tbsp of Soy Sauce
4 tbsp of Honey
1 tbsp of Sesame Seeds
- Mix 1 cup of water, 6 tbsp of Soy Sauce, and 4 tbsp of Honey together until honey is dissolved.
- In a pan, drizzle in 1 tbsp of oil and turn the heat up to medium-high. Once the oil is hot, add in your potatoes and sauté for 3-5 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown.
- Add in minced garlic and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce mixture and let it simmer on medium-high heat until the potatoes have soaked in all the sauce, and the sauce turns into a glaze (around 7 minutes). Make sure to stir occasionally so that the potatoes don’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- After 7 minutes, add in 1 tbsp of Sesame seeds and toss it all up together.