Welcome to Day 21 of my first series – Cooking Dinner for 21 Days! THE FINAL DAY of posting what I made for dinner and WOW, thank you so much for your constant support and all the super kind messages. I am still so overwhelmed, and my heart is SO FULL from all the love. I always wanted to do a food blog, and I am so grateful that I am now doing so! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Today I am making a super EASY but tasty CREAMY Miso Ramen. Did you know soy milk is a commonly used ingredient to make ramen broth extra creamy? Using soy milk, you can get the authentic richness of ramen broth but takes less than 10 minutes to prepare.
I will also be making Ramen Eggs today, and yes, I say that they are optional, but is it optional? The Ramen Egg is hands down my favorite topping, and I always order extra eggs for $4… but if you make this at home, YOU CAN ADD AS MANY EGGS AS YOU WANT!
A secret tip for extra creamy ramen? Add a cube of butter on the top before you serve; TRUST ME, this is a game-changer, and you will never go back.
60 SECONDS VIDEO TUTORIAL: https://bit.ly/2SXZ3u5
Ingredients (Serve 4)
1 lb of Ground Pork
3-5 Large Eggs
1 tbsp of La DoubanJiang
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
2 tbsp of Mirin
1 cup Dashi Stock
2 piece of Garlic (grated)
1 inch of Ginger (grated)
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Miso
2 1/2 cup Soy Milk (unsweet)
1 cup Dashi Stock
4 packs of Ramen Noodle
Optional toppings: corn, butter, green onion etc.
- Boil the egg in medium-high heat for 6 minutes and place it in an ice bath to rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Mix 2 tbsp of soy sauce, 2 tbsp of mirin, 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce, and 1 cup of Dashi stock.
- Peel the eggs and marinate the eggs in the stock for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and drizzle oil into a pot.
- Sauté the ground pork by breaking it apart for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in grated ginger and garlic, soy sauce, and 1 tbsp of la doubanjiang and sauté for 2-3minute. Remove half of the pork and set aside.
- Add in 1 tbsp of miso paste and incorporate the miso with the remaining ground pork.
- Once everything is mixed well, pour in soy milk and dashi stock and simmer on low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Prepare the ramen noodle base on the instruction. Make sure to RINSE the noodle in cold water after.
- Assemble the ramen by placing the noodle first, pour in the hot broth, and add all the toppings such as ground pork, ramen egg, green onion, and corn.
- Optional, but highly recommend, add a cube of butter on top to make the soup EXTRA creamy.