Welcome to Day 5 of cooking Street Food for 21 days. Today I am making Curry Pineapple & Shrimp Fried Rice. I had a curry fried rice recently at a Thai restaurant, and I was so disappointed I had to make my own… I am very proud to say; YOU WILL ALL LOVE THIS RECIPE; I got you. I am on a mission to remove all lousy takeout food!!
This is similar to pineapple fried rice, but adding a curry hint makes a world of difference. Fried rice is my go-to recipe whenever I feel lazy as you get your vegetable, protein, and carbs all in one bowl! I am using shrimp today, but you can also substitute chicken, beef, or tofu. If you are feeling fancy, use the pineapple as a bowl, and you got yourself a fancy main course to serve at your dinner party.
60 SECOND VIDEO TUTORIAL: https://bit.ly/3k3E2tR
1 cup of Peeled Shrimp
1 tsp of Curry Powder
1 tsp of Corn Starch
1 tsp White Pepper
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Shallot chopped
3 cloves of Garlic
2 Green Onion separate with whites and greens
2 Thai Chilli Diced
2-3 Cups of COLD COOKED RICE
1 cup of chopped Pineapple
1 cup of Frozen Peas and Corn
3 Large Eggs (beaten)
2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
2.5 tsp of Curry Powder
2 tbsp of Soy Sauce
1 tsp of White Pepper
1 tsp of Sugar
- In a pan, drizzle in oil and turn the heat to medium-high. Saute marinated Shrimp for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Once shrimp is 90% cooked, remove from the heat and set on the side.
- Add-in garlic, Thai chili, shallots, and the white part of the green onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Next, egg in the egg and saute together for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the rice and the seasoning sauce and saute for 2-3 minutes while breaking the rice apart.
- Next, add frozen vegetables, pineapple, and shrimp and saute together on high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Finally, add the green part of the green onion and saute for another 30 seconds on high heat.