Welcome to Day 9 of Cooking Street Food for 21 days! Today I am making Extra Cripsy Honey Garlic Shrimp. Funny story, I was initially going to make Walnut Shrimp, but the supermarket was sold out on walnuts, and I couldn’t find any condensed milk. I almost gave up on filming yesterday, but I thought I would do something fun in the kitchen, and I am proud to say this is probably my best shrimp recipe!
This honey garlic glaze coats all over the shrimp, giving it a nice sticky texture; this dish is super finger-lucking good! Since creating this recipe, I have made it three more times since because it is THAT GOOD.
If you don’t want to fry your shrimp, you can also do this in an air fryer to pan fry with the honey garlic sauce afterward!
Random question, does anyone else not like pre-peeled shrimp? It is never as fresh, so I always get it with the shell on and peel it myself. I find that the meat is a lot of juicy, and meat feels fresher.
60 SECOND VIDEO TUTORAIL: https://bit.ly/2IAJHK6
1.5 lb of Prawns/Shrimp (divine and peeled with the tail on)
8 cloves of Garlic minced
2 cups of Tempura Mix
1 tsp of white pepper
1 cup of white cold water or ice-cold sparkling water
3 tbsp of Butter
4 tbsp Soy Sauce
3 tbsp of Honey
1 tbsp of grated Ginger
1 tsp of Sesame Seeds
- Mix tempura batter and ice-cold sparkling water. This will help the batter be crispy and light when it is fried. Add in the shrimp and make sure that every piece of shrimp is coated in the batter.
- Fry the shrimp in medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan and fry the shrimp in batches. Once shrimp is golden brown, set aside.
- In a pan, add in butter, soy sauce, honey, and ginger. Turn the heat on to medium-high and slowly mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add in minced garlic, and let it simmer on high heat while mixing for 30 seconds.
- Add in the shrimp and make sure every single piece of shrimp is coated in the sauce.
- Finish off with sesame seeds.