Are you craving a hot bowl of savory and delicious Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup but always been too intimidated to make it at home? Well, don’t worry because I got you! This is my 1 hour only Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup Instant Pot recipe that will BLOW YOUR MIND! Super flavourful broth and the beef cooked to perfection. Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup is the most famous street food dish in Taiwan, and since we can’t travel right now, I will be sharing the EASIEST recipe for you to make at home this weekend!
Who else also bought an Instant Pot, made two recipes, and put it back in the storage closet? I will be honest and admit that I haven’t pulled out my Instant Pot for almost a year now! But after making my Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup recipe, I instantly fell back inlove because of how much time I was able to save and how tender the beef turned out. I will be sharing more Instant Pot recipes such a pho, ramen, and stews in the new year for all of your busy bees!
Taiwanese Beef Noodle soup brings me back home! Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup is like your family’s chicken noodle soup recipe. There are so many variations of how to make it, but this is the one that I grew up eating. I remember coming home after school, and I can smell the soup boiling from a block away! I am not exaggerating; it is THAT GOOD. The beef is so tender that you can break it apart with a fork!
2.5 pounds of Boneless Beef Shank (cut into 1inch pieces)
3 slices of Ginger
6 cloves of Garlic (peeled)
1 whole Onion (sliced)
2 medium-sized Tomato (chopped)
2.5 tablespoon of Spicy or regular Doubanjiang (bean paste)
1.5 tablespoon of Sugar
1/4 cup of Soy Sauce
¼ cup of Dark Soy Sauce
6 cups of Water (depending on how salty you like it)
2 Star anise
6 Whole Red Chilli
1 tablespoon of Sichuan Peppercorns (optional)
1 Bay Leaf
1 small Cinnamon Stick
- Set Instant Pot to “Saute,” once heated, drizzle in oil, and add in the beef. Brown the meat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in onion, ginger, and garlic and saute for another 2-3 minutes. Add in Doubanjiang and sugar and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in soy sauce, dark soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, and 6 cups of water. Add in all the spices and put the lid on.
- Set to “pressure cook” for 45 minutes and let the instant pot work its magic
- Prepare your favorite noodles; make sure always to cook the vegetable and noodles in a separate pot.
- OPTIONAL: Strain the soup for a clear broth