Welcome to Day 12 of cooking Street Food for 21 days! TEAM UDON IS BACK!!! I am here with another super quick but tasty udon dish; I told you I had more coming! This time I am making Izakaya Style Short Rib Udon Stirfry, and yes, I am adding butter to the dish to make it EXTRA creamy. I always order this whenever I go to local Izakaya restaurants, and this dish pairs WELL with a nice glass of ice-cold beer.
This dish takes less than 15 minutes to make and is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner. If you are looking for a more easy weeknight dinner recipe, I have many more udon recipes that I made in my 21 Days Dinner Series!
Who else is also #TEAMUDON?
60 SECOND VIDEO TUTORIAL: https://bit.ly/2IucQGE
2 packs of Frozen Udon
1 pack of thinly sliced Short Ribs
1 onion (sliced)
¼ cup of Bonito Flakes
2 tbsp of Butter
3 tbsp of Soy Sauce
½ tbsp of Black Pepper
1 tsp of Mirin
½ cup of Dashi Stock
- Mix dashi stock, soy sauce, black pepper, and mirin together. This will be the seasoning sauce.
- In a pan, drizzle in oil and turn the heat to medium-high. Once the pan is hot, add sliced onion and saute together for 3-5 minutes or until onion is translucent and soft.
- Next, add in the beef and sautee together for 2 minutes or until meat is soft.
- Next, add in frozen udon and drizzle on the seasoning sauce. Put the lid on and let it cook for 2-3 minutes on medium-high or until you can break the noodle apart.
- Add in bonito flakes and sautee on high-heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Optional, but HIGHLY recommended, before serving, add 2 tbsp of butter and mix.