I will be the first to admit that I am not a big fan of Salads; however, this Japanese Dressing is honestly SO delicious and addicting that even a non-salad eater like myself LOVES IT!
If you never tried Japanese Ginger Salad Dressing, you are missing out. Sweet, savory, refreshing, tangy, and super umami is the salad dressing you will love! If you ever wonder why the salad in bento boxes is so delicious, you need to give this recipe a try. It might be your go-to dressing this summer.
Japanese Ginger Salad Dressing is hands down my favorite dressing of all time.
I use to buy it pre-made store-bought, but ever since I found out how easy it is to make at home, I’ve been making it in bulk every week!
The best part about making salad dressings at home is that you have complete control of how many ingredients you want to add in. Let’s say you are making this for kids; you can use less ginger and more apple to add more sweetness to the dressing.
My secret ingredient that makes this Japanese Ginger Salad Dressing extra umami is a tiny bit of miso paste.
Miso paste is salty and packed with umami flavors; a little bit goes a long way. Not only is Miso Paste delicious, but it is also SUPER healthy. Miso Paste is a fermented ingredient that is good for your guts; it is also filled with rich minerals and has tons of antioxidants.
All you need is a few simple ingredients to make Japanese Ginger Dressing at home.
I like to play around with the ratio of the ingredients to your diet and preference, but all you need is ginger, apple, carrots, onion, garlic, oil, rice vinegar, sugar, miso paste, and sesame oil.
The apple and carrots give sweetness to the dressing, while the onion, garlic, and ginger provide the savory balance. Rice vinegar provides a tangy flavor, and the miso paste and sesame oil give the dressing umami flavors.
Do you want more HEALTHY recipes? Here are some of my favorite HEALTHY recipes that are also EASY to make at home and DELICIOUS!
- Spicy Korean Cucumber Salad (10 Minutes ONLY!)
- Salmon with Miso Butter (20 Minutes)
- Bok Choy with Garlic Sauce (10 Minutes ONLY!)
- Poke Bowl – Spicy Creamy Ahi Tuna and Shoyu Tuna
- 1 cup of Oil (grapeseed, olive oil, or avocado oil)
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- ½ cup of peeled ginger (roughly chopped ~ 1 knob/17g)
- 1 carrot (roughly chopped)
- 1.5 peeled Apple (roughly chopped)
- ¼ Onion (roughly chopped)
- ½ cup of Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp of Miso Paste
- 2.5 tbsp of Sugar or Honey
- 1 tsp of Sesame Oil
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend in a high-speed blender for 45 seconds – 1 minute. You don’t want it too runny, but still has a little bit of texture.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Japanese Ginger Salad Dressing
- Highspeend Blender
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend in a highspeend blender for 45 seconds – 1 minute. You don’t want it too runny, but still has a little bit of texture.
- Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.