Welcome to Day 7 of cooking Street Food for 21 days! WOW, we are ⅓ the way through the 2nd 21 days series!! Time does fly when you are having fun! If you haven’t checked out my first series, Cooking Dinner for 21 Days, definitely give those dinner ideas a go as well!
Today I am making the most requested recipe ever, Mongolian Beef. This recipe is 100% better than takeout and also super easy to make. If you liked my Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken recipe, you would also love this recipe as well. I am missing never to let you eat lousy takeout food ever again, and this recipe is so much better than takeout you will never order out.
Here are a few secrets to SUPER TENDER Beef:
The first one is baking soda. I got this secret from a good friend who works at a Chinese restaurant; it is honestly a game-changer. No more eating tough beef at home, and hello to juicy, tender, silky beef!
The second tip is cutting against the grain and diagonally. Always cut against the grain and sideways to get thin slices. With this tip, it doesn’t matter what type of steak you get; it will turn out perfect every time!
The final tip is to freeze the beef for 10 minutes before you cut it. This will make it 100x easier to slice the meat.
60 SECOND VIDEO TUTORAIL: https://bit.ly/37bMPX9
1.5 pounds of Beef Steak of your choice, cut into thin slices
8 cloves of Garlic minced
3 tbsp of Chinese Cooking Wine,
1.5 tbsp of Corn Starch
1 tsp of Baking Soda
1 Egg White
6 stocks of Green Onion cut into 1.5-inch pieces
2 tbsp of Oyster Sauce
3 tbsp of Soy Sauce
2 tbsp of Sugar
¼ cup of whole Dried Chilli
- Marinate beef with corn starch, baking soda, egg white, and Chinese cooking wine for 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sugar.
- In a pan, add in oil and turn the heat to medium-high. Once the oil is hot, add the beef and fry it for 2-3 minutes or until brown. Frying the meat will help the meat be extra tender, but you can also pan fry it once the beef is brown, set aside.
- In a pan, drizzle in oil and turn the heat to medium-high.
- Statue together garlic, the white part of the green onion, and dried chili for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add in the sauce and mix for 30 seconds.
- Add in the beef and saute together on high heat for 1 minute.
- Finally, add in the green onion and saute together for 30 seconds.