Mango Sago is my favorite dessert, and it will soon be yours too! Creamy, rich mango sago topped with fresh, juicy mangos chunks, this dessert will blow your mind and is SUPER easy to make with ONLY 4 ingredients! This easy but insanely delicious dessert is a must-try; make sure to make extra because you won’t believe how delicious it is!
This is the perfect dessert to make for holiday dinner parties since you can prepare the Mango Sago the night before by chilling the mango mixture in the fridge and add in the tapioca just before serving. It is also super refreshing so it’s perfect after a full meal as it’s quite healthy as well! It is super important to ensure that the mango is fully ripped to get the best texture and sweetness.
If you can’t handle dairy, you can also substitute the condensed milk with ⅓ cup of sugar instead. However, if you like it EXTRA creamy and can tolerate dairy, you can also add in ¼ cup of evaporated milk as well! Since there is no baking required, you can taste to see if you need any more sweetener since the mango’s sweetness varies. The only condense milk I use is Longevity Sweetened Condensed Milk I would HIGHLY recommend picking up this brand of condensed milk for the most authentic taste!
Check out my Holiday Ebook for more dessert recipes such as Fresh Strawberry Mochi, Red Bean Mochi Soup, and Dorayaki! The Ebook consists of 21 recipes with BOTH video and written tutorials.
1 cup of Mini Tapioca Pearls
6 cups of Water
2 Fresh Mango (Australian Mango 2, Regular Mango 3)
½ cup of Condensed Milk
1 cup of Full Fat Coconut Milk
- In a pot, add 1 cup of tapioca pearls and 6 cups of water. Turn the heat to medium-low heat and let it cook for 10 minutes. Constantly stir to prevent it from sticking.
- After 10 minutes, put the lid on, turn the heat off, and let it sit for 3 minutes.
- Drain the tapioca pearls and run them under cold water. If you are serving right away, set the pearls aside. If not, leave them in cold water until ready to serve.
- Cut fresh mangos into cubes. Add half of the mango in a blender.
- Add in condensed milk and coconut milk into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Fold in drained tapioca pearls and serve with fresh mangos on top.