Fusion Friday is BACK, and we are making the BEST Kimchi Mac and Cheese that will blow your mind. This rich, spicy, creamy, and CHEESY dish will, for sure, be your favorite comfort food this winter. Did I forget to mention it is also vegetarian friendly? The perfect dish to bring to any holiday gatherings.
Kimchi and Cheese are the best combos, but adding in a creamy cheese sauce elevates it to another level. The key to a creamy, thick sauce is to create a great roux; rather than just using butter and flour, I saute the kimchi and Korean Chilli Paste to incorporate all the flavors into the sauce. Make sure always to saute your kimchi first to bring out all the flavors.
I used Cheddar, Mozzarella, and Permashan today, but use whatever cheese that you prefer. If you want to add extra crunch, fry up some crispy bacon and fold it in with the Kimchi Mac and Cheese!
Now, get ready to get your mind blown away with the BEST Creamy, Cheesy, and Spicy Kimchi Mac and Cheese you will ever try.
60 SECOND VIDEO TUTORIAL:
2 cups of uncooked Macaroni
1.5 cup of chopped Kimchi
2 tbsp of Korean Chilli Paste
3 tbsp of Flour
2 cups of Milk
¼ cup of Butter
1 cup of Cheddar
1 cup of Mozzarella Cheese
½ cup of Permashan Cheese
¼ cup of Panko
- Cook the pasta in a pot of salted water. Follow instructions based on your packaged pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside
- Turn the heat to medium-high and add ¼ cup of butter to a pan. Once butter is melted, add in chopped kimchi and Korean Chilli Paste and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in 3 tbsp of Flour and saute while mixing until smooth.
- Slowly add in 2 cups of milk and mix until no lumps and smooth consistency.
- Slowly fold in the cheese and let it cook for 1-2 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add in drained pasta with a little bit of pasta water and mix everything.
- Place pasta in a baking pan and top with a little more cheese and panko
- Broil for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and golden brown.