Here are some courses, equipment, and apps that I purchased and subscribe to that help me make FIVE FIGURES a month as a full-time food blogger.
Keep in mind I did not invest in everything right away! However, below are some recommendations that I SWEAR by that helped me with blogging! I will keep updating this page as I find more equipment or courses that I like.
- Yoast: Yoast is a MUST HAVE Plugin for SEO optimization.
- WooCommerce: WooCommerce is my online store where I sell my e-cookbooks. It is a much more affordable option compare to Shopify
- WPRecipe Maker: Super important for your SEO! I just use the basic FREE option. This allows your readers to Pin and print the recipes
- Tailwind: This is my MUST HAVE application for my Pintrest Strategy, check out Sophia Lee’s Pintrest Strategy Course to learn more.
- Canva: I use Canva to edit EVERYTHING – my mediakit, ecookbook, Youtube Thumbnails etc. I just use the free option but the premium one has tons of fonts as well
- BlueHost: When I first started, I used BLUEHOST. Bluehost is the most affordable option for new bloggers; it is only $3.95 a month. When you first sign up, you can get
- FREE Domain Name for the 1st year (IMPORTANT)
- FREE SSL Certificate
- They install WordPress for just 1-Click
- SiteGround: I am currently using SITEGROUND as my host since they provide excellent customer service and handle my blog’s volume (700,000 + users/month).
Siteground also has a beginner option, but it is much more expensive and doesn’t come to a free domain, so I highly recommend using Bluehost when you first start and switch afterward!
- 17th Avenue: They have professional and cute designs, and it was straightforward to install them myself. You can also pay for them to install it for you as well! I am currently using the MIA Professional Theme myself.
- Food Blogger Pro: I HIGHLY RECOMMEND joining Food Blogger Pro! Food Blogger Pro is a website and community dedicated to teaching bloggers how to start and grow a successful food blog with easy-to-understand video tutorials.
Every week the Food Blogger Pro team produces an information packed podcast. It combines expert advice from industry professionals with up to date insight into blogging trends.
They teach you EVERYTHING – Best tools to start a food blog, how to monetize your food blog, How to edit your photos/videos, How to create a mediakit, social media strategies to bring traffic, and even how to set up a branded email with templates!
If you are thinking of becoming a food blogger, I highly highly recommend checking out Food Blogger Pro as it was able to answer all my questions when I first started!
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing: The step-by-step affiliate marketing strategy course that shows you how to increase your affiliate income and make more money blogging.
In this course, Michelle shares how she earns over $50,000 a month through affiliate marketing! I just finished taking it and it was a great course, I would highly recommend it for those that want to learn more about how affiliated marketing works.
- Ring Light: NEEWER Ring Light + NEEWER Video Light
- Desktop Monitor: BenQ EX3501R Ultrawide Curved Gaming Monitor
- Ergonomic Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Advanced Wireless Mouse
- Laptop: New Apple MacBook Pro with Apple M1 Chip
- Eergonmix Keyboard: Logitech G613 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- MixCaptions: What I use to add captions to all my TikTok and IG videos
- InShot: What I use to edit my IG + TikTok Videos
- VideoEditor: I also use VideoEditor to edit my videos as well
Want to do Food Blogging Full-Time? Here are some helpful blog posts:
- How I Make Money as a Full-Time Food Blogger (5 Figures a month!)
- My Journey from a Corporate 9-5 to a Full-Time Food blogger
- A step-by-step tutorial on HOW TO START A BLOG in less than 1 hour!
- Youtube Video answering ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS!
HOW I TRANSITIONED FROM A CORPORATE 500 9 – 5 TO FULL-TIME FOOD BLOGGER
One of my most asked questions is always, “how did I become a full-time food-blogger?” Believe it or not, I don’t have any background working with food. I never worked in a restaurant and never had any culinary training.
Do I regret working for corporate? What did I learn from my corporate job? Here is my 11-year journey before launching TIFFYCOOKS
HOW MUCH MONEY DO I MAKE AS A FOOD BLOGGER (WITH BREAKDOWNS)? HOW DID I DECIDE WHAT PLATFORMS TO BE ON?
One of my most asked questions is always, “How do I MAKE MONEY as a FULL-TIME Food Blogger?” The truth is that there are many different revenues, every month varies, and every blog is different.
I explain why I choose to blog and how I DIVERSITY my income as a full-time food blogger.
HOW TO START A BLOG THAT MAKES MONEY (IN LESS THAN 1 HOUR)
My blog has been the most stable income by far and has helped me make FIVE FIGURES a month for the past four months!
With only SIX simple steps, I will share how I set up a blog correctly that makes MONEY.
In this blog post, you will learn how to set up a blog, what “hosts” to use with price comparison, how to set up a domain, and more!