A question that I get asked all the time is how much money I spend on groceries as a full-time food blogger.
While it varies each grocery trip depending on what’s on sale, how many recipes I am filming, and how many recipes I am testing. Here is a mini grocery haul on how much money I spend on averagely on groceries each week. Can you guess what dishes I am making this week?
This week I am filming and testing 6-8 recipes, and each recipe serves around 2-3 people.
Like most people, I go into the grocery store with “must buy-lists,” and I get the rest of my inspirations from what’s on sale. I also have alot of essential ingredients and condiments at home, such as rice, salt, sugar, soy sauce, oil, etc. I will stock up on essential ingredients around once a month. If you are interested, I can do a video on essential ingredients I always have at home! or you can check out my must-have condiments blog with links!
I get most of my groceries from T&T or Assi Market (Asian Supermarkets in BC) once a week. I also live right above a grocery store, so I will also get any last-minute ingredients there.
WHAT I BOUGHT THIS WEEK FROM T&T –
- A dozen eggs ($7.35) – I love free-range Extra Large Eggs; if you are a food blogger, I find free-range eggs tend to have a more “yellow” yolk which photographs better
- 8 pieces Boneless Chicken Thigh with the SKIN ON ($28.70) – The only place that sells boneless chicken thigh with the skin on is T&T Supermarket. Skin gives so much flavor, and when it comes to making fried chicken, this is a must for me!
- Taiwanese Cabbage, Cucumber, Carrots, Onion, Shimeiji mushrooms ($6.80)
- Green Onion, Taiwanese Spinach, Red Pepper. Shiitake mushrooms ($14.03)
- Silken Tofu and Instant Jellyfish ($6.97) – these items are both are sale this week!
- Pork Belly ($21.48) – can you guess what I am filming and testing this week??
- FRESH NOODLES (Wide + Shanghai Noodles) ($5.68) – I get fresh noodles every week! Wide noodles are my favorite, but I love testing out different noodles as well.
- Medium-firm Tofu ($7.89) – filming something fun this week with these!
Let me know if you like these types of grocery haul videos and if you want me to film these more often! I didn’t get any snacks this week as I am TRYING to be healthy, but I can for sure film an Asian Snacks Haul recipe next time too!