Day 2 of making 20 Minute Dinner for 21 Days and today we are making the BEST Teriyaki Chicken EVER. Nothing beats homemade Teriyaki Sauce, it is a perfect balance between sweet and savory, and it is super easy to make. The chicken is tender and coated with the BEST teriyaki glaze. Once you give this recipe a try, you will never order Chicken Teriyaki ever again!
Homemade Teriyaki sauce is super easy to make and taste way better than any store-bought pre-made sauces. It takes less than 30 seconds to cook, so I make it fresh every time, but you can also triple the portion and pre-make it to store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. I am using mirin, sake, soy sauce, brown sugar, and honey today. Although you can’t taste the alcohol since it is cooked, it evaporates, but If you don’t consume alcohol, you can skip the sake and substitute the mirin by adding an extra tablespoon of honey. I am using Chicken today, but you can also make salmon or tofu teriyaki, and it will taste just as good.
I love to pair my Chicken Teriyaki with a bowl of rice. However, if you are in a rush, you can pair it with salad, soba noodles, or another side of your choice. Give this recipe a try, and I promise you will fall in love; and Chicken Teriyaki will be a weekly staple dinner for the rest of 2021!
2 Boneless Chicken Thigh with the Skin on
1 tsp of Salt
1 tsp of Black Pepper
3 tbsp of Soy Sauce
2 tbsp of Mirin
1 tbsp of Brown Sugar
1 tbsp of Honey
2 tbsp of Sake
1 tbsp of fresh grated Ginger
2 clove of grated Garlic
- Salt and Pepper both side of the chicken thigh
- In a pan, turn the heat up to medium-high and add in oil. Once the oil is hot, add in chicken skin side facing down and panfry for 4 minutes on each side.
- Once the chicken is golden brown on both sides, remove and set aside
- Pour in the teriyaki sauce mixture and let it simmer for 30 seconds – 1 minute. Add back in the chicken and let the chicken cook in the sauce for 4-6 minutes. Keep pouring the sauce over the chicken and keep an eye out to prevent it from burning.
- Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds, and ENJOY!