Welcome to Day 3 of Cooking 15 Minute Dinners for 15 Days! Today I am making a delicious Easy Salmon Teriyaki recipe that will for sure be part of your weekly dinner ideas. The sweet and savory glaze all over the perfectly cooked salmon is ready in less than 15 minutes. I served it with a side of rice, sauteed mushrooms, and a cucumber salad, but you can serve it with soba noodles, salad, whatever you like!
Salmon Teriyaki is one of my go-to orders at Japanese restaurants. I never realized how easy it was to make at home until a few years ago. I have all the links on my website where to get all the condiments and what brand I use. If you also like teriyaki sauce, you can even triple the sauce recipe and save it to pair with other protein throughout the week. I promise this recipe tastes better than any premade Terriyaki sauce out there.
EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER GETS INGREDIENT LIST THE DAY BEFORE! Make sure to sign up at TIFFYCOOKS.COM so we can cook together!
60 Second Video Tutorial:
2 piece of Fresh Salmon
1 tsp of Salt
1 tsp of Pepper
2 tbsp of Flour
3 tbsp of Soy Sauce
2 tbsp of Mirin (https://amzn.to/37fO6w4)
1.5 tbsp of Sugar
1 tbsp of fresh grated Ginger
1 clove of grated Garlic
- Pat dry the salmon on both sides and lightly season with salt and pepper. Cover the salmon with a thin layer of flour
- In a pan, drizzle in oil and turn the heat up to medium-high. Once the oil is hot, add in the fish and sear it for 2-3 minutes on each side. Once fish is golden brown on both sides, remove and set aside.
- Pour in the sauce and let it simmer for 30 seconds on medium-low heat.
- Add back in the fish and glaze the fish with the sauce. Let it cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Optional, toss and cook vegetables of your choice with the remaining teriyaki sauce.