Welcome to the FINAL DAY of cooking 15 Minute Dinners for 15 Days! To finish off the series, I have to make one of the most highly requested recipes, Pad Thai! Sweet, tangy, savory stir-fry rice noodles topped off with crunchy peanuts. This simple and delicious Pad Thai dish is the perfect 15-minute recipe that I promise you will be making over and over again!
Pad Thai is a rice noodle stir-fry dish that is served with tofu, chicken, and prawns. Today, we will be using all three proteins to finish the series off strong! The three essential flavors in Pad Thai is Sour, Sweet, and Salty. We will be using concentrate tamarind for the sour, brown sugar or palm sugar for the sweet, and fish sauce for the salty. These three ingredients combined make the perfect Pad Thai sauce to complete the dish.
To prevent noodles from soggy, I will be soaking the rice noodles in warm water first for 5 minutes while preparing the other ingredients. It will allow the noodle to cook faster by pre-soaking the noodle, which prevents it from getting soggy for those that like spicy, drizzle sriracha sauce all over the noodles.
1 pack of Rice Noodle (200g)
2 stalks of Green Onion
1 Shallot chopped
2 tbsp of Tamarind Concentrate
2 tbsp of Brown Sugar or Palm Sugar
½ tbsp of Dark Soy Sauce
2 ½ tbsp of Fish Sauce
2 piece of Chicken Thigh cut into bite-sized pieces
6 peeled Shrimp
2 blocks of Marinated Tofu cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup of Beat Sprouts
1 tbsp of Crushed Roasted Peanuts
- Soak the rice noodle in room temperature water while preparing the protein, sauce, and vegetable
- Mix tamarind concentrate, brown sugar, dark soy sauce, and fish sauce until sugar is dissolved
- In a pan, drizzle in oil and turn the heat up to medium-high. Add in the chicken thigh and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in shrimp and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in tofu, shallots, and garlic and saute for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the noodle and pour the sauce over the noodle. Saute together for 1-2 minutes and let the noodle soak in the sauce.
- Push the noodles to the side and crack in 2 eggs. Let the eggs sit for 30 seconds before breaking the yolk apart and saute the egg into the noodle.
- Turn the heat to high and Add-in bean spurs and green onion, saute for another 30seconds – 1 minute.
- Garnish with green onions and served with a side of lime wedges