Welcome to Day 17 of my first series – Cooking Dinner for 21 Days! Who else gets lazy to cook dinner on Mondays? It is usually the night where I want to order take out and call it a day … that’s why today’s dinner is ONLY GOING TO TAKE 10 MINUTES TO MAKE, and I promise it is 10000x better than takeout.
Basil and Pork Stir-fry is sweet, spicy, and savory. This dish is super affordable to make, and the ingredients are easy to find. Once you give this a try, it will be part of your weekly weeknight dinner. Make sure to prepare a massive bowl of rice because this dish is a rice killer, don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Also, I am using ground pork today, but you can also use ground chicken as well.
60 SECOND VIDEO TUTORIAL: https://bit.ly/2H2YigK
500g of Ground Pork / Ground Chicken
1 cup of FRESH Basil, preferably Thai Basil
6 cloves of Garlic (minced)
2 tbsp of Oyster Sauce
2 tbsp of Soy Sauce
1 tbsp of Sugar
1 tbsp of Fish Sauce
1 tbsp of Dark Soy Sauce
1 tsp of Chilli pepper (optional)
- Mix oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, fish sauce, and dark soy sauce and set aside.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and drizzle 2 tbsp of oil in the pan.
- Once the pan is hot, add in minced garlic and chili and sauté together for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Once fragrant, add in pork and sauté together for 2-3 minutes breaking the pork apart.
- Next, pour in the sauce and sauté together for another 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, add in the basil and sauté on high heat for 30 seconds.
OPTIONAL, BUT HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, fry an egg.
Serve with a big bowl of rice topped with a fried egg, ENJOY!!