Welcome to Day 9 of my first series – Cooking Dinner for 21 Days! Today, I am making Beef Gyudon (Beef Rice Bowl) for dinner. A quick, delicious, easy, and savory dish that I promise will impress all your guests. Trust me when I say once you realize how easy this is to make, you will be having this at least once a week and never ordering this from restaurants ever again!
I recommend using hot pot sliced beef. However, if you cannot access hot pot beef, you can also ask your butcher to cut thin slices of meat. I recommend rib-eye or sirloin for this dish.
60 Seconds Video Tutorial: https://bit.ly/3dgcsqM
1 pack of Hotpot Beef meat
1 whole Onion sliced
1/4 cup of Soy Sauce (https://amzn.to/3ljhPbe)
1/4 cup of Mirin (https://amzn.to/2GMkiMF)
2 tbsp of Sugar
2 cup of Dashi Stock/Beef stock/ chicken stock (https://amzn.to/3d9tExX)
- In a pan, add in soy sauce, mirin, sugar & dashi stock.
- Add in the onion and turn the heat up to medium-high. Ensure every slice of onion is soaked in the sauce and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes or until onion is soft and translucent.
- Once the onion is translucent, add in the beef and make sure meat is soaked in the sauce. Put the lid on and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes or until meat is fully cooked.
- Optional, however, HIGHLY recommended, poach an egg.
- Serve on top of a bowl of hot rice and garnish with green onion.