Welcome back to episode FIVE of Realistic What I Eat in a Day when it is that time of the month.
Every month is different, but I thought it would be fun to share the Realistic What I Eat in a Day blog post once a month so that even if you are not on your period, you can also get meal inspiration.
Since it was that time of the month, I was craving savory and delicious recipes that were quick and easy to make at home.
My breakfast and lunch recipes normally take less than 20 minutes to make, while I will take my time to cook up something that I am craving for dinner.
In this blog post, I will be sharing a REALISTIC WHAT I EAT IN A DAY.
BREAKFAST: EPIC BREAKFAST SANDWICH
For breakfast, I was craving something savory, so I made an epic breakfast sandwich. The sandwich has cabbage, spam, cheese, and eggs, inspired by the famous Korean Street Toast.
Since it is a sandwich, you can switch up or add in any toppings of your choice! Other ingredients I love adding to my breakfast sandwich are shredded carrots, ham, and imitation crab meat.
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 3 eggs, large
- 2 slice cheese
- 2 pieces Spam
- 2 slices of toast, cut in half
- Salt and pepper to season
- In a pan, pan-fry spam for 1-2 minutes on each side or until slightly golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Mix shredded cabbage and egg in a bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the cabbage and egg mixture into a pan and place the bread halves into the middle of the egg and cabbage mixture.
- Pan-fry at medium-low heat and let the toast soak up some of the egg mixtures, and flip the bread so the crust is facing the inside.
- Lightly press down on the toast and let the cabbage and egg cook for 2-3 minutes or until the egg is 70% cooked.
- Flip the egg and bread and fold in the ends so all the filling is inside the toast.
- Next, add spam and cheese on the inside of the bread with any toppings of your choice.
- Fold the bread together to form a sandwich. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
LUNCH: SPICY POPCORN TOFU (RECIPE COMING THURSDAY)
The full recipe for spicy popcorn tofu coming on Thursday; I will update you once it is released.
DINNER: GARLIC PRAWNS AND THE BEST MAC SALAD
Who doesn’t love Garlic Shrimp? Juicy, Garlicky and savory Garlic Shrimp is super addicting and finger-licking good.
Garlic Shrimp is an easy recipe that takes less than 20 minutes to make at home. PLUS, this Garlic Shrimp recipe is also GLUTEN-FREE! Pair my garlic shrimp with the BEST Hawaiian Mac Salad that is super easy to make at home for the perfect dinner.
If you are trying to get more vegetables in your diet, you need to try my EXTRA Creamy Macaroni Salad.
Super easy to make at home, I promise this is the CREAMIEST Macaroni Salad you will EVER try!
I prepare macaroni salad in bulk for the perfect weekday meal prep and customize it based on your preference. If you are a vegetarian, skip the imitation crab meat.
MAC SALAD RECIPE:
- 16-ounce uncooked Elbow Macaroni
- ½ cup of Japanese Mayo
- ¼ cup of American Mayo
- 3 tbsp of Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp of Mustard
- 4 tbsp of Milk
- 1 tbsp of Sugar
- Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons of Dashi Powder
- Chopped celery (~⅓ cup)
- Shredded Carrots (~¼ cup)
- Sweet Corn (~½ cup)
- Chopped Red Onion (~¼ cup)
- Chopped Green Onion (3 stalks)
- Imitation Crab Meat (~½ cup)