I promise that these are the BEST Chinse Crispy Beef Meat Pies you will ever try! Pan-fried to perfection, the outside is crispy while the inside is super juicy. Once you take a bite into these Chinese Crispy Beef Meat Pies, you will be blown away by how delicious they are and how easy it is to make at home.
My mom used to make Beef Meat pie all the time, and it was my favorite treat after-school snack. There is something about the crispy skin and the juicy filling that makes it the best snack to have before dinner. You can pre-make them and freeze them in the freezer for up to 2 months. When you are ready, just pan fry and it will taste just as good! I always have frozen food prepared to go, such as homemade wontons, potstickers, beef noodle soup, and more!
The secret to having a juicy filling is mixing in a splash of water. The beef will hold on to the water and rest of the seasoning, and when pan-fried and heated up, the juices will fill up the pancake, and once you take the first bite, juices will be bursting out. I love to pair these with my homemade chili oil and black vinegar as my go-to dipping sauce.
Ingredients (Makes 8)
2.5 cups of Flour
1 tsp of Salt
1 cup fo Warm Water
1 tbsp of Oil
6 chopped Green Onion
½ Onion chopped
1.5 lb of Ground Beef
1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp of Soy Sauce
1 tsp of Black Pepper
1 tbsp of grated Fresh Ginger
¼ cup of Water
1 tbsp of Black Sesame Seeds
1 tbsp of White Sesame Seeds
- In a bowl, add flour, salt, warm water, and oil. Knead until it forms into a ball and is smooth. Dust on flour on the countertop and put the lid over it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Mix beef, chopped green onion, chopped onion, oyster sauce, soy sauce, black pepper, grated fresh ginger, and ¼ cup of water till everything is fully incorporated. Take 1 tsp of the filling and add it to the microwave to see if you need additional seasoning.
- After 30 minutes, roll out the dough and cut it into 8 pieces.
- Roll out each dough and add 2.5 tbsp of filling in each dough.
- Fold up all the ends and once everything is folded, keep folding it in until there is no opening. Twist the top to ensure everything is fully sealed. Dust some flour all over the pie. Flip it over to the smooth side, and the meat pie is ready.
- Pat on the water on the smooth side of the pie and press in black and white sesame seeds
- In a non-stick pan, turn the heat up to medium and drizzle in oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the pancake. Cover and let it pan fry for 4 minutes. After 4 minutes, flip the pancake and pan fry it for another 3-4 minutes or until both sides are golden brown.
These are so amazing! I didn’t have all the ingredients for the filling so subbed out a few things with what I had in my fridge and they still tasted so good! Can’t wait to try it when I have all the ingredients!