Homemade Chili Oil is the BEST gift you can give to your friends and family this holiday season. I drizzle my Homemade Chili Oil on EVERYTHING because I promise it is the best chili oil you will ever try! It is super easy to make, and unlike other recipes, there will be no waste with this recipe. We will be blending up all the garlic, spices, and herbs to take this chili oil to a whole other level. You need to make this jar of flavor heaven this weekend because this recipe will BLOW YOUR MIND.
I have been making my own Homemade Chili Oil for years now because I was never able to find a store-bought one that was spicy, numb, garlic, or flavourful enough! It contains no MSG but has more flavor than another store-bought chili oil. I restock my chili oil every 2-3 months and I always have jars in my fridge ready to go. It lasts in the fridge up to 3 MONTHS and I use it on everything, noodles, wontons, dumplings, eggs, radish cakes, homemade buns, literally EVERYTHING.
Homemade Chili Oil is the BEST gift you can give to your friends and family this year! They will be so impressed you might even start your own chili oil business. I love to gift this with a side of homemade wontons or potstickers, a great idea for virtual dinner dates this holiday season.
20 cloves of chopped Garlic
4 tbsp of Sichuan Peppercorn
2 tbsp of Red Chilli Flakes
4 cups of Oil (I use grapeseed oil)
2.5 tbsp of Korean Chilli Flakes
2 Star Anise
2 Tbsp of Salt
- Toast Sichuan Peppercorns, Red Chilli Flakes, and Whole Red Chilli in a pan at medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes or until fragrant
- In a pan, heat up 4 cups of oil while infusing the oil with Bay Leaf and Five Star
- Use a large container, add in the toasted spiced, and garlic.
- Once the oil is hot, pour the oil over the toasted spices and garlic and add 2 tbsp of salt. Mix and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Remove Bay Leaf and Five Star before blending it in a high-speed blender for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour it into a clean jar, and this can store in the fridge for up to 3 months