Welcome to Day 3 of my first series – Cooking Dinner for 21 Days! I will be filming what I made for dinner on TikTok, showing you some of my go-to dinner meals. These will be recipes that I create as I go since I love creating new “recipes,” Since working from home, nothing makes me more excited than a delicious home-cooked meal after a long day.
Today I am making Baked Pork Chops on Fried Rice. This is one of the dishes I always order when I go to HK Style Cafes! Carbs + Fried Pork Chops + CHEESE = Heaven. Now I am just missing HK Styled Lemon Ice Tea, and my meal is complete.
I use yesterday’s leftovers fried rice to save some time; you can check out yesterday’s Din Tai Fung inspired Shrimp Egg Fried Rice for the easier and tastiest fried rice recipe. The vegetables that I am using today are mushrooms, red bell pepper, and tomatoes but feel free to add in more vegetables of your choice.
60 Seconds Video Tutorial: https://bit.ly/34a8zj2
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
2 pieces of Pork Chop
1 whole Onion
3 medium-sized Tomato
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 cup of sliced Mushroom
5 cloves of Garlic chopped
1/2 cup of Rice Glour
2 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce
3 tbsp of Ketchup
1/2 cup of Chicken Stock
1 tbsp of Black Pepper
1 tbsp of White Pepper
1 tbsp of Sugar
2 tbsp of Corn Starch
4 tbsp of Soy Sauce
2 cups of Fried Rice
1 cup of Mozzarella Cheese
- Prepare the pork by slicing the fat on the side to avoid the pork curling when frying. Use the back of the knife and pound the pork flat. Now marinate with 1 tbsp of sugar, 1 tbsp of white pepper, 2 tbsp of soy sauce, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tbsp of corn starch, and 3 tbsp water. Set aside for 1 hour (Refer to video tutorial)
- Cover the pork with rice flour or flour of your choice. In a large pan, drizzle in oil and turn the heat to medium-high. Fry the pork till 80% cooked and golden brown on both sides.
- A new pan drizzle in some oil and sauté onion & garlic for 2-3 minutes or until translucent and fragrant. Add in bell pepper, mushroom, and sauté for another 2-3 minutes or until soft. Finally, add in chopped tomatoes and sauté till tomato is soft, around 3-5 minutes.
- Season with ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, black pepper, and chicken stock. Now mix cold chicken stock and 1 tbsp of cornflour and drizzle in the sauce to thicken the consistency.
- A baking pan adds in fried rice, a layer of sauce, pork chops, the rest of the sauce, and topped with cheese. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.