Welcome to Day 14 of Cooking 20 Minute Dinner for 21 Days! Today we are making one of my favorite comfort foods – Sundubu Ramen, Spicy Korean Silken Tofu Ramen. The ramen noodles and silken tofu are cooked in a savory, spicy broth filled with umami flavors! Say goodbye to your instant ramens because this is about to be your go-to comfort food!
I promise homemade spicy ramen soup is so much better than instant noodles! There are so many layers of flavor, and it’s done with just a few simple ingredients. Spicy Korean Silken Tofu Ramen is one of my favorite dishes to make when I was in university. There is something about slurping up spicy ramen noodles that make your day so much better. The best part of making Spicy Korean Silken Tofu Ramen at home is you can add whatever toppings you like! My go-to toppings are eggs, cabbage, enoki mushrooms, and a slice of American cheese. Since everything is homemade, no MSG is added, so you don’t suffer from dry mouth after.
I love using Silken Tofu for this recipe because it cooks fast, and it’s also good at absorbing flavor. However, if you can’t find silken tofu, you can also use soft tofu as well. An essential ingredient is Korean Chili Paste; it provides a spicy, slightly sweet, and tangy flavor that another element cannot replace. I’ve linked the brand I used on my blog’s condiments section along with all of my other must-have condiments for Asian cooking.
1 tbsp of Korean Red Chili Paste
5 cloves of Garlic (minced)
1 tbsp of Soy Sauce
1 tbsp of Sugar
2 tsp of Korean Red Chili Flakes
1 tsp of Black Pepper
1 pack of Silken Tofu
3 tbsp of chopped Kimchi
4 cups of Vegetable Stock
1 package of Ramen Noodles
Clay Pot Used: https://amzn.to/39xyQKM
- To make the spicy garlic paste in a bowl, mix Korean Red Chili Paste, soy sauce, sugar, Korean red chili flakes, black pepper, and minced garlic.
- In a pot, add chopped kimchi, spicy garlic paste, and 4 cups of vegetable stock. Turn the heat up to medium-high and bring it to a simmer.
- Add in 1 pack of ramen noodles and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in silken tofu and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Optional, but HIGHLY recommend crack an egg and garnish with green onion.