Welcome to Day 9 of cooking 15 Minute Dinners for 15 Days! Today we are making better than takeout Honey Ginger Chicken that will blow your mind! This glaze is made with fresh ginger, garlic, honey, and soy sauce and has a perfect balance of sweet and savory. You need to give this recipe a try because I promise you will want to make this for dinner all the time.
Honey Ginger Chicken is one of my favorite things to order at Chinese restaurants; it is a classic dish that is a house-hold favorite. If you are vegetarian, replace chicken with tofu, and it will be just as delicious.
We will be pan-frying the chicken first. That way, the chicken oil will be infused with the sauce giving it an extra layer of flavor. The crispy skin also helps absorbs in all the glaze, which makes this dish finger-licking good.
1 piece of Chicken Thigh (boneless & skin-on)
3 tbsp of Soy Sauce
2 tbsp of Mirin
2 tbsp of Honey
1 tbsp of fresh grated Ginger
2 cloves of Garlic grated
- Lightly season the chicken with fresh salt and pepper.
- Mix soy sauce, mirin, honey, ginger, and garlic
- Turn the heat to medium-high and drizzle in some oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken skin side down first and pan-fry for 4 minutes. After 4 minutes, flip and cook for another 4- 5 minutes or until 90% cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Pour in the sauce and let it simmer for 30 seconds.
- Add back in the chicken and let the chicken cook in the sauce for 2-3 minutes. Continuously pour the glaze all over the chicken.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion & ENJOY!!