Welcome to Day 13 of my first series – Cooking Dinner for 21 Days! TEAM UDON WHERE ARE YOU AT?! I AM BACK WITH ANOTHER UDON RECIPE; I was no joking when I say I always have frozen udon ready to go, and I got many more recipes to come. #TeamUdon
Today I am making Yaki Udon, which translates to Fried Udon. The stirfry sauce is sweet and savory with a little tang. It has so much flavor that I promise your whole family will love! The best part is this dinner can be completed in 15 minutes, and since it is a stirfry, you can add any protein or vegetable of your liking.
DINNER READY IN 15 MINUTES that taste better than takeout, let’s go!
60 SECONDS VIDEO TUTORIAL: https://bit.ly/2GYszxm
2 packs of Frozen Udon
1/3 cup of thinly sliced Pork Belly (Optional) chicken, beef, shrimp or tofu
2 tbsp of Soy Sauce
2 tbsp of Oyster Sauce
3 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce
1 tbsp of Sugar
1/2 Onion sliced
1 cup of shredded Cabbage
1/2 Carrot sliced
6 Shiitake Mushroom sliced
- Pour hot water all over the frozen udon to separate the noodle. This will prevent soggy, overcooked udon noodles.
- In a bowl, prepare the sauce by mixing the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a pan, drizzle in oil and turn the heat up to medium-high. Once the pan is hot, add in the sliced pork belly and sautés for 2-3 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Next, add in all the vegetables and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are soft, onion is translucent, and some color is on the cabbage.
- Add in udon noodle and sauté for 30 seconds before adding in all the sauce.
- Sauté on high heat for 2-3 minutes and garnish with green onion.