Welcome to Day 8 of Cooking 20 Minute Dinner for 21 Days! Today we are making the BEST Asian Honey Garlic Shrimp you will ever try. The glaze is a perfect balance between sweet and savory, and when coated all over pan-fried shrimp, this recipe is finger-licking good! Warning, this recipe will blow your mind and have you craving for seconds! Make sure to make extra; I promise you won’t regret it!
Asian Honey Garlic Shrimp is one of the easy go-to meals that I know will hit the spot every time. Honey, garlic, and soy sauce are some of my favorite combinations. The honey helps thicken the glaze, but it also balances out the soy sauce’s saltiness, which creates a perfect balance between sweet and savory. If you like it spicy, you can also add in red chili flakes or Korean Chili Paste as well!
You will not believe how easy it is to make Asian Honey Garlic Shrimp at home! Not only does it taste better than takeout, but it is also much healthier as well! I love to pair my Asian Honey Garlic Shrimp with a big bowl of rice, but it will also work well with potatoes, noodles, or on top of a salad. In only 20 minutes, you can make restaurant-quality food in the comfort of your own home. This recipe also meal preps well, and the shrimp taste amazing the next day for lunch.
- 1.5 lb of shrimp (peeled)
- ¼ cup of cornstarch
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 8 cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 2.5 tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp of Honey
- 1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp of Red Chili Flakes (optional)
- Mix cornstarch with paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Coat shrimp with cornstarch; make sure to dust off any excess starch.
- In a pan, drizzle in oil and turn the heat up to medium-high. Pan-fry the shrimp for 1-2 minutes on each side and set aside.
- Add in all the ingredients from the glaze, and let it simmer for 30 seconds. Add back in the shrimp and toss in high heat for 1-2 minutes. Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds.