Welcome to Day 8 of cooking Street Food for 21 days! Today I am making a Taiwanese version of “Fried Sauce” Noodle – Zha Jiang Mian. There are so many variations on how to make this dish but this is what I grew up eating, and it is actually Mama Chen’s recipe!!
I highly recommend using dried shiitake mushroom for this dish as it adds ALOT of flavor; however, if you can’t find it, you can also use fresh shiitake mushroom. The cucumber adds such a nice crunch, and the best part is … this dish freezes well, so it is perfect for meal prepping!! I always like to make this in bulk if I am ever away from my finance and put a tasty dinner together super quickly!
60 SECONDS VIDEO TUTORIAL: https://bit.ly/31ahDDy
500g of Ground Pork
3 cloves of Garlic minced
1 cup of Dried Shiitake Mushroom (soaked and sliced)
1/2 cup of Shiitake Mushroom Water
4 piece of Marinated Tofu (cubes)
1.5 tbsp of La Doubanjiang
3 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp of Dark Soy Sauce
1 tbsp of Sugar
½ cup of Chicken Stock
½ Cucumber sliced
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and drizzle oil in a pan. Once the pan is hot, add in the ground pork and saute together for 2-3 minutes while breaking it apart.
- Next, add in garlic, mushroom, and tofu. Sautee together for another 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle in soy sauce, dark soy sauce, la doubanjiang, and sugar, and mix.
- Add in mushroom water and chicken stock, and once it starts simmering, turn the heat to low and let it cook for 10-15 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the noodle.
- To put it all together, start with the noodle, add on the meat sauce, and serve with a side of cucumber.