Welcome to Day 6 of cooking Street Food for 21 days! Today’s dinner takes 10 MINUTES to make, yes, 10 MINUTES. Kimchi Tofu Stew, I promise it is the easiest and tastiest 10-minute stew you will ever find!
Don’t give in on having instant noodles just yet; this stew will help save your lazy weeknight dinners! The best part is, there are so many variations of ways to make it. You can add in extra protein such as pork belly or even toss in noodles to make this a Kimchi Noodle Stew; the choices are endless! This dish is something that I use to order ALL THE TIME until I realized how easy it is to make at home.
The trick is to have a new batch of kimchi in your fridge at all times, and dinner will always be ready! Should I make homemade kimchi soon? Let me know, and I can cook it for sure!
60 SECOND VIDEO TUTORIALS: https://bit.ly/2SXUtft
1 pack of Soft Tofu
1 cup of Kimchi (Chopped)
1 Green Onion (chopped and separate with white and green)
3 cloves of Garlic
2 tbsp of Sesame Oil
2 tsp of Korean Chilli Flakes
1 tsp of Soy Sauce
1 tbsp of Fish Sauce
1 cup of Chicken Stock/ or vegetable stock
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and drizzle sesame oil in a pot.
- Add in Korean chili flakes and white parts of the green onion and saute together for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Next, add in kimchi and chopped garlic and saute together for 1 minute.
- Add in chicken stock, fish sauce, and soy sauce and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the tofu and let it simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Optional, but highly recommended, add in an egg and let it simmer on high heat for 30 seconds. Garnish with green onion.