Welcome to Day 15 of my first series – Cooking Dinner for 21 Days! Yesterday I went shopping at my local Asian Supermarket and saw some fresh rice noodles for sale, and you know what I had to do… MAKE BEEF CHOW FUN!! I always order this when I go to dim-sum restaurants, and now you can make it at home too!
Many people often fear cooking beef at home as it always turns out so tough, but I am here to share with you the secret for TENDER, JUICY BEEF. A good friend of mine worked at a Chinese restaurant, and he shared with me that the secret tip is… BAKING SODA! Just 1 tsp of baking soda makes a world of difference: such a game-changer, no more tough and chewy beef.
You can use whatever beef you prefer, as with the secret tip that I provided will turn any tough meat into tender, juicy meat. Also, remember to always cut the beef diagonally against the grain into thin slices. By freezing the meat for 10 minutes before cutting will make it easier to slice.
60 SECOND VIDEO TUTORAIL: https://bit.ly/2H5UMSI
1.5 lb of Steak of your choice -cut into diagonal thin slices
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Chinese Cooking Wine
1 tbsp of Corn Starch
1 Egg White
1 tsp of Baking Soda
2 tbsp of Soy Sauce
1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp Dark Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp of Sugar
2 tbsp of Water
1 tsp of White Pepper
1/2 Onion sliced
1 cup of Bean Sprouts
2 Green Onion cut into 2-inch pieces
1 pack of Fresh Rice Noodle
- Marinate the beef with 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine. 1 tbsp of corn starch, 1 egg white, and 1 tsp of baking soda for 30 minutes.
- In a hot pan, add in oil, and once the oil has heated up, add in the beef. Sauté for 1-2 minutes or until brown on both sides (Since the meat is cut into such thin slices, it should cook fast).
- Next, add in the onion and sauté together for 1-2 minutes before adding in the noodle.
- Once the noodle is added, sauté together for 30 minutes before pouring in the sauce.
- Turn the heat to high and quickly sauté together for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, add in green onion and bean sprouts and sauté for another 1 minute.