Welcome to Day 14 of my first series – Cooking Dinner for 21 Days! Today I am making a childhood favorite COCA-COLA CHICKEN WINGS. I know what you may be thinking, “Coke in my food? Wouldn’t that taste weird?” but TRUST ME, this is one of the best combinations ever existed, and all your guests will be so impressed by this dish.
The sweetness of the Coca-Cola adds a nice glaze to the chicken wings, making it savory and sweet at the same time. Once the sauce is cooked down, it turns into a sticky glaze that coats all over the chicken, and it is finger-licking good.
This dish is also fast and easy to make; if you have an extra can of Coca-Cola at home, DO NOT DRINK IT but make this instead. Trust me, you will not regret it, and this will soon be your go-to chicken wings dish.
60 Second Video Tutorial: https://bit.ly/3169akS
2 lb of Chicken Wings
6 cloves of Garlic (chopped)
3 slice of Ginger
1 cup of Coca-Cola
3 tbsp of Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
1 tsp of Garlic Powder
2 tsp of Black Pepper
- Marinate the chicken with 2 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce, 1 tsp of garlic powder, 2 tsp of black pepper, and set aside for 1 hour.
- Drizzle in oil in a hot pan and sauté ginger for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Once the ginger is fragrant, add chicken wings and cooks for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Next, add in garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in 1 cup of coke and put the lid on to cook on medium-high for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, turn the chicken, and let it cook on medium-high for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, drizzle in 1 tbsp of soy sauce and cook on high heat till all the sauce is reduced.
- Finish off with sesame seeds and garnish with green onion.
WARNING, THIS DISH IS A RICE KILLER; make sure to have a big bowl of rice ready