Welcome to Day 5 of cooking 15 Minute Dinners for 15 Days! Chinese Steamed Fish is a dish that I always order when I go to seafood restaurants; I was surprised when I found out how easy it was to make it at home! In less than 15 minutes, you can prepare a delicious, authentic Chinese Steamed Fish recipe where you will for sure impress all your guests.
I am using Black Cod today, but you can use whatever type of fish you prefer. I will often use a whole fish if I am serving guests and just steam an extra 5-7 minutes longer depending on the size of the fish. If you are using just filets without bone, it should take less than 8 minutes to cook.
Chinese Streamed Fish is a healthy and delicious way to enjoy your fish. For those that are Keto, feel free to substitute sugar with Monk Sugar. You can find Monk Sugar at Costco or Amazon.
60 SECOND VIDEO TUTORIAL:
2 piece of Black Cod (~8 ounces each)
2 thin slices of Ginger
2 stocks of Green Onion
2 tbsp of Chinese Cooking Wine (Optional)
4 tbsp of Soy Sauce
2 tbsp of Sugar
4 tbsp of Oil
2-inch of thinly sliced Ginger
2 stocks of Green Onion – White part thinly sliced & Green part chopped up
1 tbsp of chopped up Cilantro
- Drizzle on Chinese cooking wine and place 2 stocks of green onion and 2 thin slices of ginger on top of the fish.
- Steam the fish for 10-12 minutes or until cooked
- In a bowl, mix soy sauce and sugar. Whisk together until sugar is fully dissolved
- Heat 4 tbsp of oil.
- Remove the green onion and ginger from the fish and transfer the fish onto a new serving plate.
- Place sliced ginger, white parts of the green onion, and also half of the green onion on top of the fish.
- Pour the soy sauce and sugar mixture over the fish.
- Finally, pour the oil on top of the fish, focusing on the ginger and scallion to fragrant the oil.
- Garnish with leftover green onion and cilantro