Welcome to Day 14 of cooking 15 Minute Dinners for 15 Day. Korean Short Rib Bibimbap is a healthy, delicious, and easy dinner that you need to try right away! The best part about Bibimbap is that you can customize it to whatever you have in the kitchen. Today I will be sharing my easy and simplified Korean Short Rib Bibimbap recipe that comes with seven different toppings and finishes off with a spicy, tangy sauce.
I like to describe it as a Korean version of a burrito bowl for those that never tried Bibimbap before. The toppings are endless, and there are so many different variations on how to make Bibimbap. I am sharing seven different toppings today that you can put on top of your Bibimbap that takes less than 15 minutes. If you are in a rush, you can do just 2-3 toppings to save time; if you are hosting a potluck, you can prepare all these side dishes ahead of time and have your guest build their own Bibimbap!
If you are vegetarian, use firm tofu as a replacement and follow the same steps as the short ribs. Those who can’t handle the spice, skip the sauce, or use only ¼ portion of the Bibimbap sauce.
2 slices of Beef Short Ribs
4 cloves of Garlic chopped
2 tbsp of Soy Sauce
1 tsp Black pepper
1 tbsp of Brown Sugar
2 tbsp of Korean Chili Paste
1 tsp of Sugar
1 tbsp of Soy Sauce
3 tbsp of Sesame Oil
1 tbsp of Sesame Seeds
1 tbsp of Rice Vinegar
6 Shiitake Mushroom
2 cups of Spinach
1 cup of Bean Sprout
2 tbsp of Shredded Carrots
2 tbsp of Kimchi
2 tbsp of Cucumber Salad
2 tbsp of Sesame Oil
1 tsp of Salt
- Marinate Beef with chopped garlic, 2 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tsp of fresh ground black pepper, 1 tbsp of brown sugar, and set it aside while you prepare the toppings
- Mix 2 tbsp of Korean Chili Paste, 1 tsp of Sugar, 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce, 3 tbsp of Sesame Oil, 1 tbsp of Sesame Seeds, and 1 tbsp of Rice Vinegar
- Spinach: blanch spinach in boiling water for 30 seconds and remove and let it rest in an ice bath for 1 minute. Squeeze out all the excess water and drizzle sesame oil and lightly salt the spinach. Mix and set aside
- Bean Sprout: blanch in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, rest in cold water for 1 minute. Squeeze out all the excess water and drizzle sesame oil and lightly salt the bean sprouts. Mix and set aside
- Turn the heat to medium-high and drizzle oil in a pan. Add in beef short ribs and pan-fry it for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
- Mushroom: Saute the mushroom in the beef sauce for 1-2 minutes and set aside.
- Egg: Fry a sunny egg side up with the leftover beef oil
- To put it all together, start with the rice, add in all the toppings, topped with fry egg, and serve with a side of the sauce. ENJOY!