Spicy Ramen topped with EXTRA Crispy Fried Chicken, and this is the best recipe to end 2020! Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup is a bowl of noodle soup that you NEED to try! The spicy soup pairs perfectly with EXTRA crispy fried chicken. You won’t believe how easy it is to make my Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup at home. Trust me; this will be one of your favorite recipes for 2021!
A couple of weeks ago, I asked you on Instagram to create the best New Years’ Eve recipe. We voted between Vegetarian and Chicken, Spicy or Non-spicy, Noodles or Rice, and Easy or Complicated. Once I saw the results, I immediately knew that we needed to make the BEST bowl of Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup.
The spicy broth is so simple and takes less than 10 minutes to make. With just a few simple ingredients, the broth tastes better than any instant noodle ramen out there. If you wanted to make it creamy, you could substitute the chicken stock with ½ non-sweeten soy milk instead. I am using EXTRA CRISPY fried chicken today as the protein, but you can also add ramen egg, corn, butter, bean sprouts, and seaweed.
As usual, chicken thigh with the skin on is a MUST for fried chicken. It keeps the meat extra juicy and adds so much flavor to the chicken. Potato Flour is second the secret tip of light and crispy fried chicken, while the marinade makes the chicken extra juicy and tender. If you can’t find Potato Flour, you can substitute for Corn Starch, and if you can’t use alcohol, you can substitute for 1 tbsp of sugar,1tsp of salt, and 2 tbsp of Chicken Stock.
Ingredients (2 bowls of Ramen)
2 Piece of Chicken Thigh with Skin On
1.5 tbsp of Soy Sauce
1.5 tbsp of Mirin
1 tbsp of Sake
2 cloves of Garlic Grated
1 tbsp of Grated Ginger
4 tbsp of Potato Starch **
1 tbsp of Miso Paste
1.5 tbsp of Spicy Douban Sauce
2 Garlic Grated
2 chopped Green Onion (white part only)
6 cups of Chicken Stock/Dashi Stock
1 tbsp of Oil
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and marinate with soy sauce, mirin, sake, grated ginger, grated garlic for 30 minutes.
- In a pot, add the miso paste, douban sauce, grated garlic, green onion, and 1 tbsp of Oil. turn the heat up to medium-high and saute together for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant
- Pour in 6 cups of chicken stock or dashi stock and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes. Prepare the noodles in the meantime.
- Coat the chicken with potato flour and shake off any excess flour.
- In a pan, add in oil, turn the heat up to medium-high, and once the oil is hot, add in the chicken, fry the chicken for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- To assemble, start with drained ramen noodles, pour in hot broth, and topped with fried chicken. Garnish with green onion and any preferred toppings.