Welcome to Day 10 of my first series – Cooking Dinner for 21 Days! Today I am making my first viral video on TikTok and my most recreated dish – Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken. Not only is it simple and easy to make, but it will also be a crowd-pleaser at any dinner party!
The sweetness and stickiness of the honey make a perfect glaze on top of the extra crispy chicken, and by adding some Korean Chilli Paste gives the dish the perfect kick! If you are serving it to kids, you can replace the Korean chili paste with 2 tbsp of ketchup and 1 tbsp of soy sauce, and I promise that will also be a crowd pleaser!
60 Second Video Tutorial: https://bit.ly/36EJRtX
1.5 pounds of boneless chicken thigh (cut into bite-size pieces)
2 tbsp of Soy Sauce (https://amzn.to/3jFGw1b)
1 tsp of Black Pepper
1 tsp of Garlic Powder
2 tbsp of Corn Flour/Corn Starch
8 cloves of Garlic Chopped
2 tbsp of Korean Chilli Paste (https://amzn.to/3iJVqSS)
3 tbsp of Honey
1 tbsp of Soy Sauce
2 tbsp of Water
- Marinate chicken with soy sauce, black pepper, garlic powder, and 2 tbsp of cornflour. Set aside for 1 hour.
- Cover the chicken with cornflour and fry in medium-high heat oil for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Optional but highly recommended, double fry for another 1-2 minutes after removing from the heat for extra crispiness.
- In a pan, add in Korean Chilli Paste, Honey, 1 tbsp of soy sauce, and 2 tbsp of water.
- Turn the heat up to medium-low and mix till everything is thoroughly mixed well.
- Add in garlic and mix for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the chicken and make sure every piece of chicken is covered in the sauce.
- Finish off with sesame seeds.