Chewy noodles coated with a spicy and savory broth topped with melted cheese; if this isn’t what you are eating while watching late-night Korean drama, you are missing out!
Rothy Glass Noodles RED Spicy Wide Chewy Noodles has been me and my fiances GO-TO late-night snack for the past few weeks, and we are ADDICTED. The wide glass noodles are extra chewy and provide great texture, while the sauce has a perfect balance between spicy, savory, and slightly sweet. They take less than 15 minutes to make and are also GLUTEN-FREE!
My wedding is just around the corner, so I’ve been looking for a delicious late-night snack, filling, and a healthier alternative.
When 1ST MKFOOD sent me these Rothy Glass Noodles, I was so excited to try them! Unlike other glass noodles made from mung bean and sweet potatoes, Rothy Glass Noodles are made from Cassava Starch which is lower calories and gluten-free. I was at first scared that the noodles would get soggy easily like other rice and glass noodles, but these hold the texture and chew well!
Let’s talk about the SPICY yet addicting seasoning that comes with Rothy Glass Noodles RED. Warning, it is SPICY.
If you love spicy food like my fiance, you will be in heaven! It has a great umami flavor to it so that it will get you craving for more. However, if you can’t handle spicy food that well like me, I recommend using half of the seasoning and saving the other half for other dishes. I love to use the leftover spicy seasoning pack when making fish cake stew, spicy chicken, or my Tteokbokki.
There are many ways to customize your Rothy Glass Noodles RED, such as adding cheese, other protein, and ingredients.
I love adding sliced onions in the broth and topped with green onion and mozzarella cheese. It is something about eating spicy food with cheese that is SO PERFECT. Other proteins I recommend adding are fish balls, fish cakes, sausages, boiled egg, seafood such as shrimp and beef or pork slices. I also highly recommend adding Tteokbokki rice cakes if you have any in hand. These Spicy Wide Chewy Noodles pairs perfectly with Tteokbokki!
Did I mention that Rothy Glass Noodles RED is also made in Korea and loved by many celebrities and influencers? Give these Spicy Wide Chewy Noodles a try on Amazon, and thank me later!
- Rothy Glass Noodle RED, Spicy Wide Chewy glass noodle 238g(8.4oz) $15.40
- Rothy Korea Glass Noodle, Wide Chewy glass noodle 150g(5.2oz) per pack (3) $25.98
- 1 Pack of Rothy Glass Noodle RED (8.4 oz)
- ¼ Onion (sliced)
- 1 stalk of Green Onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Boil the Noodles for 5 minutes, drain and set aside
- In a separate pot, add in 400ml of water and 1 of the spice pack (two if you can handle spicy food) and sliced onion. Turn the heat up to medium-high
- Once it starts simmering, add back in the drained noodles and cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Topped with mozzarella cheese and chopped green onion