Sticky Mochi Pancake with Red Bean Paste is the best pancake you will ever try! Sweeten Red bean paste wrapped inside chewy mochi and wrapped inside bread dough, then it is pan-fried till it is crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. Tell me that doesn’t sound AMAZING? The best part is that this pancake can last in the fridge for a whole week; you can heat it and have it for dessert all the time!
While filming for my Holiday Ebook, I had leftover mochi from my Fresh Strawberry Mochi recipe and leftover Sweet Red Bean Paste from my Dorayaki recipe. I decided to combine the best of both worlds and make Sticky Mochi Pancake with Red Bean Paste, and it was the BEST DECISION I’VE EVER MADE!
Sticky Mochi Pancake with Red Bean Paste is the perfect dessert for the wintertime, and it warms you right up! I love having this for breakfast since it is filling and super satisfying. I have my mochi recipe and red bean paste recipe in my Holiday E-book if you want to give this recipe a try!
2 cups of Flour
1 cup of Warm Water
4 Red Bean Paste Balls
8 tbsp of Mochi
2 tbsp of Black Sesame Seeds
- Mix 2 cups of flour and 1 cup of warm water and keep kneading until it forms into a ball.
- Once it is formed into a smooth ball, cut it into four sections and roll out each section into a circle.
- Oil a zip lock bag and use it to grab 2 tbsp of mochi, flatten the mochi by pressing it over the bag, and once it is flat, add in the red bean paste ball in the middle and fold it up.
- Once the mochi is wrapped around the red bean paste ball, add the mochi ball to the dough.
- Wrap the dough up by closing all the ends; make sure that everything is sealed tight so the mochi doesn’t burst when pan-frying. Twist the ends to close it securely. Dust a little bit of flour and have the smooth side facing up
- Pat a little bit of water on top of the pancake and sprinkle on black sesame seeds. Pat in the sesame seeds, so it stays on the pancake.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and drizzle in a little bit of oil. Add in the mochi pancake and add in ½ cup of water. Put the lid on and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, flip and cook on the other side for another 2-3 minutes.