Showing you how to make super EASY Air Fryer Crispy Duck because I know we are all craving it! The skin is fried till crispy and golden brown while the duck breast is cooked to a perfect medium-rare filled with juices. My Air Fryer Crispy Duck is made with ONLY 5 ingredients, and I guarantee that it will make the perfect crispy duck every time!
I get my duck breast at Costco’s frozen section; I prefer using duck breast instead of a whole duck as it is easier to control the temperature, and it makes the perfect one-person portion crispy duck for any weekday dinners. If you are interested in roasting a whole duck, I can also film a separate video tutorial on it.
It is super important to pat the skin try as the skin is super fatty and burns quickly! I like to marinate the duck overnight. That way, the meat is filled with flavor, and halfway through cooking is when I will raise the heat and add on a honey glaze to crisp up the skin. This makes a perfect holiday dinner and pairs perfectly with rice, mash potato, or garlic noodles!
Thank you to everyone who joined my LIVE class yesterday! For those that missed it, check out @leekumkeecanada for the saved version, and make sure to comment to let them know if you want to see more LIVE classes!
1 Duck Breast
2.5 tbsp of Lee Kum Kee Oyster Sauce
3 tbsp of Soy Sauce
1 tbsp of Five Spice Powder
2 tbsp of Honey
Air Fryer Used: https://amzn.to/2KrKyxP
- Pat the duck breast dry, especially the skin
- In a bowl, mix 2.5 tbsp of oyster sauce, 2 tbsp of soy sauce, ½ tbsp of five-spice powder, and 1 tbsp of honey.
- Place the duck breast in the sauce and make sure that the skin isn’t touching the sauce. Let it rest in the fridge overnight (make sure it’s not shut closed and there are some air left)
- Add duck in the air fryer skin side facing up and pat dry the skin one last time. Set it to 300 for 15 minutes
- In a bowl, mix 1 tbsp of honey, 3 tbsp of warm water, ½ tbsp of five-spice powder
- After 15 minutes, add honey mixture all over the duck breast and fry at 400 for 10 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.