Welcome to Day 12 of cooking 15 Minute Dinners for 15 Days! Crispy, savory Korean Seafood Pancake dipped in a sweet and tangy sauce makes the perfect weeknight dinner. The best part of this recipe? You can customize this with any topping you like! Are you feeling spicy? Add in the chili! Want something meaty? Add in bacon! Vegetarian alternative? Try using only kimchi! You are the master of your Korean Pancake!
Korean Seafood Pancake is crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. The secret to ensuring the batter stays nice, and light is cold sparkling water! It helps ensure that the batter comes out extra crispy but still giving it great texture on the inside.
I am using my favorite Korean Pancake mix today; if you don’t have a Korean Pancake mix, you can also use Tempura Powder instead. The benefit of using the Korean Pancake mix is that it is already pre-seasoned. I have Korean Seafood Pancake often, so I find this to be a must-have in my house-hold.
CHECK OUT TIFFYCOOKS.COM FOR FULL RECIPE
2 cups of Korean Pancake Mix
½ cup of Calimari
4 stocks of Green Onion cut into 3-inch pieces
1 cup of Cold Sparkling Water
2 Red Chilli sliced (remove the seeds)
3 tbsp of Soy Sauce
1 tbsp of Rice Vinegar
1 tbsp of Brown Sugar
1 tsp of Sesame Seeds
1 tbsp of Sesame Oil
- Mix 2 cups of Korean Pancake Mix and 1 cup of cold Sparking water till smooth batter consistency.
- Add in green onion and red chili and mix.
- Turn the heat to medium-high, and in a pan, drizzle in a generous amount of oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the batter.
- Let the batter sit for 30 seconds before adding in the toppings.
- Pan fry it for 2-3 minutes or until the edges get crispy and the middle has little air bubble holes.
- Flip the pancake and fry it for another 2-3 minutes or until crispy.
- For the dipping sauce, mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, sesame seeds, and sesame oil.
- Enjoy your Korean Seafood Pancake with a side of dipping sauce!