Back with another EASY 20-minute recipe, the BEST Soy Glazed Chicken.
Try making my Soy Glazed Chicken if you want something easy AND delicious.
All you need is a few simple ingredients, and you are able to make a finger-licking good Soy Glazed Chicken that will get you eating bowls and bowls of rice!
Nothing is better than Soy Glazed Chicken for a delicious weeknight dinner.
Easy, affordable, and made with accessible ingredients that you can find at your local supermarket.
My secret to juicy chicken is always to use boneless chicken thighs with the skin on. Watch my video on YouTube, where I share my step-by-step instructions on de-bone a chicken thigh in less than 2 minutes!
Soy Glazed Chicken is inspired by my most viral recipe, Air Fryer Soy Sauce Chicken.
Both feature the savory umami sauce that pairs perfectly with everything! If you have an air fryer, I highly recommend checking out my Air Fryer Soy Sauce Chicken recipe too!
For vegetarians, replace chicken with tofu, which will be just as delicious.
The sauce is SUPER easy to make at home; all you have to do is mix soy sauce, honey, garlic, five-spice powder, and oyster sauce! If you can consume seafood, you can swap it with my favorite vegetarian oyster sauce from Wan Ja Shan
We will be pan-frying the chicken first for the crispy skin on Soy Glazed Chicken.
That way, the chicken oil will be infused with the sauce giving it an extra layer of flavor.
I am using cornstarch today to make Soy Glazed Chicken to keep the chicken gluten-free. Other gluten-free flours you can use are tapioca starch and rice flour.
The cornstarch will help lightly coat the protect the chicken, ensuring the inside stays nice and crispy! All you need is a thin layer, dust off any excess, and that’s it!
Do you want more EASY 20-minute recipes? Here are some of my favorites that you will LOVE!
- 4 pieces chicken thigh, boneless skin-on
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup cornstarch
SOY GLAZED SAUCE
- 2.5 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2.5 tablespoon honey
- 1.5 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 0.5 tablespoon five-spice powder
- Mix soy sauce, honey, oyster sauce, garlic, and five-spice powder
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and coat the chicken with a thin layer of cornstarch on both sides.
- In a pan, drizzle in oil and turn the heat to medium-high. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken, skin side facing down.
- Pan-fry the chicken for 4 minutes on each side or until crispy and golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Pour in the sauce, Mix, and simmer for 30 seconds
- Add back in the chicken and cook for 1 minute on each side on high heat.