Welcome to Day 17 of Cooking 20 Minute Dinner for 21 Days! Are you ready for the BEST Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders that will blow your mind? These Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders are pan-fried till juicy and tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. They tossed in a sweet and spicy garlic glaze that is finger-licking good! Warning, these Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders are addicting, make sure to make extra, trust me, you will thank me after!
The secret to my Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders is the glaze. A perfect balance between sweet, savory, and spicy, making it super addicting. I love using Korean Chili Paste because it is packed with umami flavors. The honey balances out the saltiness, and the garlic provides an extra level of depth to the dish. To take the glaze to another level, I added butter to give richness to the sauce. You can also toss chicken wings, crispy shrimp, or potato wedges in this glaze as well.
I pan-fried the chicken tenders for this recipe, but you can also deep fry or air fry them. Using an egg as part of the batter helps hold on to the coating and prevent it from falling during the frying process. I also recommend using a non-stick pan if you are not adding alot of oil, as it will help prevent the coating from sticking.
1 lb Chicken Tender
1 tsp of Salt
1 tsp of Pepper
2 tsp of Garlic Powder
6 tbsp of Corn Starch
6 cloves of Garlic (minced)
1.5 tbsp of Korean Chili Paste
1.5 tbsp of Soy Sauce
2.5 tbsp of Honey
1.5 tbsp of Butter
1 tbsp of Sesame Seeds
- Marinate the Chicken Tender in salt, pepper, garlic powder, 2 tbsp of Corn Starch, and 1 Egg
- Once everything is combined, coat the chicken in 4 tbsp of corn starch until all the chicken is fully covered.
- In a pan, add oil and turn the heat up to medium-high. Once the oil is hot, add in the chicken tender and pan fry for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside once the chicken is golden brown and crispy.
- In a new pan, add Korean chili paste, honey, soy sauce, and butter. Turn the heat up to medium-high and mix for 30 seconds or until everything is combined.
- Add in minced garlic and let it simmer for another 30 seconds before adding in the chicken.
- Toss on high heat for 1 minute, making sure all the chicken is coated in the glaze.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion