Who else feels gloomy whenever it is raining or cold outside? Give this Chinese Steamed Chicken recipe a try, and it will warm you right up! It takes less than 20 minutes to make and is super easy to prepare with condiments you already have at home. This is my family’s go-to recipe for easy, delicious, and healthy weeknight dinners that will warm you up inside and out! Warning, make sure to have a big bowl of rice ready because the chicken juice will BLOW YOUR MIND!
I love using my steamer to make chicken; it keeps the juices inside, which guarantees the chicken never to be overcooked! If you grew up in an Asian household, you probably had Chinese Steamed Chicken before, whether it’s from your parents or your grandparents. It is such a staple dish that hits the spot every single time! I never knew how easy and fast it was to create Chinese Steamed Chicken at home, and now that I do, it is a staple recipe in our household.
I use chicken thighs that are already pre-chopped up, but if your chicken isn’t pre-chopped, steam it for an extra 5 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. I love serving this dish with a side of veggies and a big bowl of rice. Chinese Steamed Chicken is an excellent dish for those that live alone or don’t have much time to cook.
2 Chicken Thigh (chopped)
2 tbsp of Soy Sauce
1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce
1 tsp of White Pepper
½ tbsp of Sugar
1 tbsp of Sesame Oil
1 inch of Ginger sliced thinly
2 tbsp of Chinese Cooking Wine (Optional)
2 tbsp of chopped Green Onion
- Prepare the sauce by mixing Oyster Sauce, Soy Sauce, White Pepper, Sesame Oil, and Sugar in a bowl.
- Place the chicken on a serving plate, make sure that it is deep enough as the chicken will create alot of juice. Pour the sauce all over the chicken. Optional, drizzle on 2 tbsp of chicken cooking wine on top
- Add sliced ginger on top of the chicken.
- Steam the chicken for 15 minutes or until fully cooked
- Garnish with green onion and enjoy!