Welcome to Day 8 of my first series – Cooking Dinner for 21 Days! Today I am making Creamy Mushroom Udon. If you tried my kimchi udon recipe and liked it, you will love this one too! This is also a vegetarian-friendly dish that can be cooked in less than 15 minutes.
Who else is also a mushroom lover? I get so excited every time I go to the farmers market, and I see fresh, unique mushrooms! Today I am using Cremini, Shiitake & Shemiji mushroom but use whatever mushroom you have or prefer! If you want to add meat, this dish pairs great with bacon or chicken.
60 Second Video Tutorial: https://bit.ly/3jH4Rnx
2 pack of Frozen Udon
6 Cremini Mushroom
6 Shiitake Mushroom
1 pack of Shimeji Mushroom
4 tbsp of Butter
2 tbsp of Soy Sauce
4 cloves of Garlic chopped
1 tbsp of Black Pepper
1 green Onion, separate white & green
1/4 cup of Dashi stock or chicken stock
1/4 cup of Milk or Cream
- Pour hot water over frozen udon so udon can separate.
- In a hot pan, add in all of the mushrooms. Let it sit and occasionally stir for 2-3 minutes or until mushroom is soft and fragrant. DON’T ADD ANY OIL YET. This will help release the fragrant of the mushroom.
- Once the mushrooms are fragrant and soft, add 2 tbsp of butter, 2 tbsp of soy sauce, the white part of the green onion, and garlic. Sauté together for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in dashi stock, let it sizzle for 1-2 minutes, and slowly add cream/milk. Pour it in slowly and keep stirring to make sure everything is mixed well. Now add in the udon and let it sit and soak in all of the sauce for 2-3 minutes.
- Optional, but HIGHLY recommended, add in 2 tbsp of butter right before serving. Garnish with some green onion & you are ready to serve!!