Welcome to Day 3 of cooking Soups and Stews for 7 Days! Whenever I visit a steakhouse in Taiwan, I always get so excited to drink their Creamy Sweet Corn Soup. It is rich, creamy, sweet, and savory, the perfect soup that you need to try this winter! It took me a few years to master the recipe, and I can’t wait to share it with you.
Creamy Sweet Corn Soup is found in every steakhouse in Taiwan; I never noticed how much I appreciated this soup until I moved to Vancouver and couldn’t find it ever again. To all the moms, I promise even your picky eater kids will fall in love with this recipe.
The secret to extra creamy but flavourful soup is to blend the onion and corn first. This allows the soup to be smooth but not overpowered by the cream. This soup if vegetarian friendly for all my plant-based foodies!
½ diced Onion
5 tbsp of Butter
1 can of Creamed Style Corn
2 cups of Chicken Stock (salted) or Vegetable Stock
1 can of Sweet Corn
3 tbsp of Flour
2.5 cups of Cream or Milk
Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Turn the heat up to medium-high, and in a pot, add 2 tbsp of butter. Once butter is melted, add in onion and saute for 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add in 1 can of creamed style corn and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock and let it simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a new pot, add in 3 tbsp of butter and 3 tbsps of flour. Mix until smooth
- Slowly pour in 2.5 cups of cream or milk and mix until there is no lump, and it is a thicker consistency.
- Strain the corn and onion mixture into the pot and mix until everything is smooth
- Salt and pepper to taste, ENJOY!!